Take advantage of financial incentives to reduce the cost of electrification!
We are a partner with many CA programs.
Reducing heat pump installation costs as well as the costs of other all-electric appliances is on the minds of many homeowners — and there are multiple programs and incentives aimed at helping reduce costs. Electrify My Home can help homeowners in California save the maximum amount available from the following rebates, incentives, and financing options.
Efficiency Rebates from the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) was passed in 2022, and dedicates a large amount of money toward incentivizing homeowners to improve the efficiency of their homes. There are multiple ways for homeowners to save, and Electrify Hy Home can help you navigate the process from beginning to end.
The 25C Tax Credit
This allows a 30% tax credit for energy-efficiency home improvements. Projects completed in 2022 can also qualify for a 10% credit.
- Electrical panel upgrades up to $600
- Insulation and air sealing up to $1,200
- Heat pumps and heat pump water heaters up to $2,000
- Energy audits up to $150
- Energy-efficient exterior windows and doors up to $500, $600 max for windows
Homeowner Managed Energy Savings Program in California
The HOMES (Homeowner Managed Energy Savings) program is likely to be rolled out in early 2024 and will include the following rebates once it is live:
- $4,000 towards home energy efficiency retrofits with modeled energy savings of 35% or more (rebate drops to $2,000 for 20-34% modeled energy savings)
- Includes insulation, air sealing, heat pump/HVAC upgrades, and more
- Additional rebates up to $8,000 depending on income qualification
High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Program
Depending on certain income qualifications, homeowners who make home energy efficiency and electrification upgrades can utilize the following rebates:
- Electric wiring: $2,500
- Electrical panel upgrades: $4,000
- Heat pump HVAC or mini split system: $8,000
- Heat pump water heater: $1,750
- Insulation, air sealing, and ventilation: $1,600
- Electric stoves/induction cooktops: $840
- Heat pump clothes dryer: $840
Electrify My Home is a qualified contractor with the following rebate programs:
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
- Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E)
- TECH Clean California (TECH)
- Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN)
- Sonoma Clean Power (SCP)
- Marin Clean Energy (MCE)
- East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
You don’t have to go all-electric all at once, and you don’t have to pay for your home electrification all at once either! We have financing options available.